We offer a wide range of sizes of drilling and quarrying consumables, all our products are manufactured to the highest standards. Our drill bits and drill rods utilise top quality steel and tungsten. If the product you are looking for is not listed, please contact us by email, or phone +353 86 778 4475.
High quality drill bits for drilling rock and concrete, we supply ballistic and parabolic button bits and cross bits with high quality tungsten carbide inserts
We supply 12º taper ballistic button bits in various sizes.
|Thread Size||Diameter MM|
|R25||33, 38, 41|
|R32||41, 43, 45, 48, 51, 57, 64, 76|
Integral Drill Steel
Integral Drill Steels are normally produced from 19 mm (3/4″), 22 mm (7/8″) or 25 mm (1″) Hexagon Drill Steel, where the dimensions given are measured across the flat of the hexagon. Integral Drill Steels are a fixed length with a shank at one end and a bit at the other, and are able to drill to a depth equivalent to their effective length. The bit may consist of a single chisel shaped tungsten carbide insert or three such inserts.
To drill deep holes, the rods are designed to be used in a series where the length of any rod used is longer than the one used just before it. To do this, a series of rods must be produced so that the bit diameter is reduced for each increase in length of rod to prevent jamming of the bit in the hole.
We can supply integral drill steels from 200 up to 11200mm with a bit diameter from 13 to 45mm.
Plug & Feather Sets
Using plug and feathers is uncomplicated but certain procedure must be followed to achieve a successful split.
- Drill holes the same diameter as the plug and feather sets plus clearance of one or two millimeters. Air impact drill bits will usually drill a hole slightly bigger than the bit diameter.
- Drill the holes at least as deep as the plug is long or the plug will hit the bottom and bend or break.
- When breaking large pieces, the p & f sets should be as long as possible, 1/3 of the hole depth is usually good, but a lot depends on the nature of the stone.
- Orientate the p & f sets correctly.
- A smear of grease on the plug will reduce the effort required to drive it down and increase the life of the tools
- The closer and deeper the holes are the straighter the split will be
- If possible drill through the piece
- Wear eye protection when hammering the plugs and when striking stone.